11218 Midland Trail
Gauley Bridge, WV 25085
We're open year-round (weather permitting) and we're pet friendly!
Please take a minute to read through this information. If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of New River Campground, please not do hesitate to ask. Our campground attendant is always ready to assist you in any way.
- Campsites, which are not reserved shall be rented on a first-come, first-served basis. Campers shall register before occupying a campsite, unless otherwise instructed. A campsite is rented when the fee has been paid.
- Family pets are welcome when kept on a leash and are quiet. Dogs with tendencies for aggressive behavior will not be permitted. Dogs may not be tied up and left unattended at the campground. Campers must clean up after their pets. Short leashes are required when walking around the campground.
- One responsible person who has passed his/her eighteenth (18th) birthday and who is answerable for the actions and safety of the campsite and liable for any damages caused shall be present at each rented campsite.
- No person may camp in any manner except at numbered sites. Campground facilities are provided for the exclusive use of registered guests.
- Not more than two (2) vehicles are permitted on a campsite at any time. A non-family camping group may have only one camping unit (tent, trailer, motor home, camper van, etc.) on its campsite. A family camping group, at the discretion of the campground attendant, may be permitted to have one (1) larger or two (2) small tents on its campsite in addition to the main camping unit, but in no case may the additional units be ecologically detrimental to the campsite.
- Campsites shall be vacated by 12pm (noon) on the day the campsite rental permit expires. No exceptions.
- No person may wash any equipment, paraphernalia, clothing, cooking utensils, tableware, flatware, or any other cooking or eating paraphernalia in the bathhouse.
- Hay, straw, boughs, pine needles, or other similar materials shall not be kept or used in tents or in screened rooms for bedding or any other purpose.
- No object may be driven into any tree, shrub, rock, sign, building, or any other structure in campground.
- Do not set hot grills or other hot objects on tables.
- Swimming in the river is at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Quiet hours are in effect, and shall be observed and enforced, from 10:00pm to 7:00am. Generators shall not be operated during quiet hours.
- Motorcycle riding is prohibited in the campground, except when traveling to and from the campsite. No unlicensed vehicles are permitted in the campground, i.e. golf carts, Quads, ATVs, etc.
- At no time may you wash your camper or vehicles.
- Do not start campfires outside the fire rings. Do not burn or leave trash in the fire rings.
- In order to maintain weekly maintenance of the grass and weeds, all yard paraphernalia must be moved, otherwise grass will not be cut.
- Management reserves the right to select its clientele and visitors.
- We are not responsible for accident, injury, loss of money or valuables of any kind.
- Please leave your site clean when departing.
- In case of emergency, please call 911.